I need a book cover designed that is suitable not only for the Kindle, but also for e-books and Kobo etc. In case I also get any books printed up in the future, the design will need a spine and back cover too. The book cover needs to be bold and relatively dark to allow for the silver lettering of the title, author name etc on the front cover and the white synopsis on the back cover to stand out.
1. The name of the book is Jackara, Part Two, Endgame, written by PD Trevett. It is a science fiction book that continues on from the first book (Jackara, Book One), and tells the story of a hero who is attempting to foil the plans of a criminal organisation.
2. The book centres on the kidnapping of the League President of the United Colonies from his presidential shuttle, which is on route to his much larger spaceship in orbit. The shuttle is hijacked and deliberately crashed in dense jungle terrain at the base of a jungle-covered mountain. In the book, the shuttle is described as being white, cylinder-shaped and has enough room for an entourage of fifty people. When it crashes, it clears a path through the dense jungle, leaving burning debris in its wake. (But please don’t add dead bodies).
Additional note: The shuttle is later found at the base of a mountain, which is shrouded in jungle. But I'm not really concerned whether the mountain is in the illustration or not. The shuttle crashes into dense jungle, slicing a path through the dense foliage, allowing some light from above to filter down on the shuttle. The jungle is on an alien planet where the trees are immense, so very little light would be on the shuttle. I envisage it would break up to a degree, hence the three sections in my illustration. There might be fire, smoke, debris etc. But I do need the larger section of the shuttle on the front cover to get across the fact that it belonged to the League President. (Which is why the round official seal on its hull and its lettering needs to be fairly prominent).
3. The attached mock up cover spells out that the League President is down. It is a design I would like taken up and expanded on. The official seal itself is made up of a few ideas that I threw together to look bold and so I would appreciate it if it was smartened up.However, I would like the lettering on it to remain.
4. Since this second book is going to be released at the same time as the first, it would be great if the type of lettering that was used on the first book is, in turn, used on this second book cover (See attached file for first book cover).
5. I’m after a design that is bold, dark and moody. Yet to symbolise that all is not dark, a flare or two would go down a treat.
6. Finally, the synopsis on the back cover, needs to be white and centralised. Below is the synopsis itself:
Every journey has to end. Or does it?
The year is 2251 and the United Colonies continue to prosper under the watchful eye of the League. With a rich ecosystem, good economic growth and low crime rate, Simos Two is considered to be one of the top planetary destinations for colonists. But hiding in the shadows, greed and revenge scheme. For the time being, the malignant Jackara have been stopped in their tracks. However, more of the bioengineered parasites are geared up to take their place.
In this second thrilling instalment of the Jackara series, Special Investigation Agent Gillman Jason Stacey is forced to race against time to save the League President, when he is kidnapped by the scheming Vultaire Organisation. In doing so, he finally comes face to face with the devious mastermind who runs the organisation and his associate who is responsible for murdering Stacey’s fiancée.
In a stunning conclusion, Stacey is forced to draw on all his skills in order to defeat his enemies. However, nothing can prepare him for the shocking revelation that it’s neither the Jackara nor the Vultaire Organisation who poses the greatest threat to every living being on Simos Two. But himself.