BOOK COVER for 10 RAND PRINCESS
TITLE: TEN RAND PRINCESS
SUBTITLE: Corporate Culture Beyond the Scorecard
AUTHOR: GLORIA FREDERICKS
Back ground: (this background is only for designers to understand where the author comes from; it will NOT be used on the book cover)
Gloria Fredericks was born and bred in the backstreets of Kewtown, Cape Town, the third youngest of a family of 10 siblings. Her father was a garbage collector and her mother was a factory worker in an abattoir.
Wanting to escape her strict religious upbringing and “apartheid”, she left South Africa with R10.00 (US$1.00) in her pocket to travel Europe.
During the first week in Holland she saw an advertisement in the newspaper for an English Group Leader at an International School and applied for it. She got the job and started working and living in a castle!! (The school for wealthy children was an actual castle) That was the start of an incredible journey of love, hardship and endurance. This is where she discovered herself and God and where she found her true identity.
The book is about the need to change CORPORATE CULTURE. Business owners, leaders and CEO's need to understand the importance of having a healthy work environment, motivated people that feel respected and know the value of their work (even if it is a simple task).
Title and subtitle
Photo of the author
The cover should:
1) be attractive to CEO's and business leaders: Gloria is an expert in her field and has successfully lead many processes of international certifications and change of corporate culture for different companies.
2) it is important that she is perceived as an expert
3) it is important that the subtitle is easy to read (not too small)
BACK COVER (Text):
* Is your company immersed in an atmosphere of low morale?
* Do you struggle with poor efficiency and low quality production?
* Is your workforce demotivated? Is there high absenteeism?
* Does ineffective communication, lead to misunderstandings between you and your management team and on down to the workforce?
This book is for leaders who know that success depends on the ability to adapt to an ever-changing business environment, and as such, on their ability to put the right team in place to lead and manage that change.
It is a fact that motivated employees who feel respected, and understand the value of their work, are more committed to helping the company achieve results.
In this book you will uncover the basic principles that lead to successful organizational culture change:
* Assessment of the current culture
* Setting core values
* Forming supporting teams
* Determining actual-target situation
* Communicating Change
* Implementing, documenting and training for change
* Empowering the workforce
* Celebrating wins and validating people
* Monitoring implementation and re-adjusting
Quote: (Do NOT write "quote"… only the text below)
“Although culture is something you cannot see, it is the powerful element that shapes your work enjoyment, work relationships and work processes.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Gloria A. Fredericks has over 30 years of hands-on experience as a system management professional and an executive, and has effectively helped organizations to improve their productivity and quality, through organizational culture change.
Gloria worked for the Royal Dutch Army for 14 years, where she learned the sound and crucial principles of 1969 NATO quality management specifications (AQAP). When ISO 9000 standards were published and NATO countries decided to adapt these standards, Gloria was among the first Quality Engineers to be trained for the change. Since then she has set up over 40 systems pertaining to quality, food safety, environment, HACCP, FSC, SFI, etc. in several organizations.
Gloria has a PhD in Ministry at Impact University in the USA and is an accredited Business Coach, Mentor and Trainer. She enjoys the combination of theological, psychological and philosophical theories with practical business applications.
IMPORTANT: I want to see how the text in the back looks. If it is too much we will need to make it shorter. Use a smaller photo in the back and leave space for the barcode. Also, PF Publishing's logo will be on the back and on the spine of the book.