IMPORTANT: When adding an illustration to the cover use more curved lines (oppose to straight lines). Also avoid triangles --this book is not about triangulations. Also this book is not about 3D stuff, so please keep the pictures flat.
I would like to publish my PhD dissertation as a 6x9in book on lulu.com. The cover of the book should follow very strict requirements of lulu.com:
One-piece cover requirements:
* Your file must be a PDF, JPG, GIF, or PNG
* Spine width: 38.736 Postscript points wide (0.538") (161 px)
* Spine begins 693 Postscript points (9.625") (2888 px) from the left.
* Total cover width: 1424.736 X 684 Postscript points (19.788" X 9.500") (5936px X 2850px)
* Cover image width: 459 Postscript points wide (6.375") (1913px). 216 points (3.000") (900 px) of your cover image will wrap around the edge of your hardcover. Important text/graphics should not be placed in this area.
* Width of cover flaps: 234 Postscript points wide (3.250") (975px). 18 points (0.250") (75 px) of your flaps are for bleed. Important text/graphics should not be placed in this area.
* If using an image, its resolution should be set to 300dpi
The front of the cover should contain the title and the author:
"Higher-Order Voronoi Diagrams of Polygonal Objects"
(The title is composed of the three main pieces: "Higher-Order", "Voronoi Diagrams", "of Polygonal Objects", i.e. you can write it in three lines:
of Polygonal Objects".)
The back of the cover should contain a short summary of the content which you may find in the attachment (see back.txt).
The dissertation is about geometry and algorithms. Specifically it is about a peculiar kind of diagrams called "Higher-Order Voronoi Diagrams of Polygonal Objects". You may find a big number of illustrations in the PhD dissertation itself or you can also use the pictures from the attachment.
The artistic interpretation of the subject is very welcome. Something with a flavor of simplicity and/or abstract art is welcome. Something in the spirit of the covers presented on the following websites: http://bookworship.com/