World War II action thriller cover - Can you blow me away?
I'm a New York Times bestselling author under a different name (so do NOT mention it on the cover) and I'm looking to make my mark in the action thriller genre now.
So I'm looking for an e-book cover that conveys professionalism, action, and sheer wow factor.
BOOK TITLE: The Atomic Eagle
AUTHOR: Steve Richer
What the story is about: It's World War II, 1943. An international commando (American, British, and Canadian; five people including one woman) needs to go behind enemy lines in northern Italy to destroy a factory where the Nazis are secretly building their own version of a nuclear bomb. There's action, intrigue, a spy among the group, and a little romance. Mostly just action and adventure though.
Similar stories: Where Eagles Dare, The Guns of Navarone, The Dirty Dozen.
The story takes place mostly in southeastern France and then northern Italy (Turin).
Major action scenes:
- Nuclear experiment causes Nazi lab explosion.
- Car chase/boat chase through Hamburg, Germany between British agent and Nazis.
- C-47 Skytrain aircraft encounters German fighter planes, gets shot down, and the team has to parachute over rural France.
- The team helps the French resistance attack a German train. When they have taken the train (after explosions have practically destroyed it) they must defend against an incoming German fighter plane, using the MG-42 machine gun mounted in the rear car.
- Blowing up the factory and then escaping just as Allied planes bomb the city.
- Rescue operation in a mountaintop monastery where the Nazis are based. There's some torture. Battle and escape, includes Tiger tank and more explosions.
- Final battle in a coastal fishing town. Shootouts, man-to-man fighting on a speed boat, and final rescue by an American submarine.