Following is my personal biography. My target audience are CFO's of multinational corporation with sales between US$100 MM and US$2 billion in sales. As mentioned in my slogan, I assist corporations to develop faster, better and cheaper finance organizations
A Global Finance Professional with demonstrated experience managing world-class finance organizations and planning and executing business transformation initiatives involving organizational, business process, and technology related matters. More specifically, Mr. Chavez is known for:
• Running world class finance organizations, from a cost and performance perspective, for several multinational corporations with up to 32 subsidiaries,
• Planning and implementing strategic initiatives (i.e. shared service centers, F&A outsourcing, ERP roll outs, regional distribution centers, divestitures) aimed at improving performance, customer service while reducing overhead up to 30%,
• Optimizing business processes using leading business process management techniques and,
• Understanding key business drivers and key success factors for corporations operating in service and manufacturing industries.
Mr. Chavez’s management experience was gained living and/or working in the USA, Canada, Europe (UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, etc), Asia (China, India, etc) and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Panama, etc) and is well versed about the intricacies of doing business globally. He is also fluent in Spanish.
Mr. Chavez started his career in Public Accounting and has been associated / consulted with corporations like: Capgemini, Warner Brothers, Accenture, AmerisourceBurgen, Arthur Andersen, Towers Watson, Pfizer and Bristol Myers Squibb.
Received his bachelor's degree in Accounting from Universidad de Lima (Latin America), and earned an Executive MBA degree from Saint's Joseph University.
• Assisted a US$2 billion Staffing Firm to assess the “As-Is” state of the Order-to-cash process. Facilitated several workshops and developed “Future State”, road map and a plan to change the organization to one that is process-based.
• Led planning process to divest a US$4 billion animal health business owned by a large Pharmaceutical company and to set up a Shared Service Center for the Americas.
• Oversaw accounting centers (200 FTE's) located in India, Poland and China, for a large movie production company. Met performance metrics and streamlined finance processes.
• Planned and executed outsourcing project at a US$1 billion business including customer service, credit, invoicing, collections and warehousing. Reduced inventory turnover by 15 days, shortened time to deliver customer orders by 3 days and shipping costs by 10%
• Led initiative, for a US$ 500MM professional service business, to review the integrity of the financial information submitted by its international subsidiaries. All required corrections to the financial statements were completed in 4 months. Eliminated non-value added procedures, developed policies and trained personnel.
• Planned, designed and implemented a Shared Service Center for a professional services and an entertainment company. Reduced overhead up to 30%. Implemented ERP systems and standardized processes.
• Achieved 95% budget accuracy at a medical devices company. Streamlined annual and monthly budgeting/forecasting process.