First, best thing would be is to take a look at our website: http://www.karmakiss.net, browse our products, and understand the atmosphere, the colors, and the feeling we are trying to convey.
The logo should create a fun and modern feeling. People who see this logo should immediately recognize that this is a fun place to shop for gifts.
The logo can incorporate some sort of a cute animal (possibly an owl?) or other mascot (a robot?), that will eventually become our favicon and badge for different purposes. Another direction we thought about is the KISS element in our name, so please try to incorporate this element (by using cute kissing lips or heart, or anything you can think of) as an alternative for the owl/robot concept. You can also propose an original gift package design but it needs to be original and not cheesy...
Here are a few more things to think about:
1. Target audience - teen girls, their moms and their grandmoms... - the logo should be appealing to all ages, with a strong connection to fun and modern.
2. Please don't use cliparts from WORD and the like - this is too obvious and does not do the job.
3. The typeface should be san serif, simple and funky. We want something that stands out. Again being careful not to be too fancy. Please also let us know what is the font you're using, since we will probably need to use it across the website (we'll need the font file as well).
4. We would like the logo to be clear and "clean" without too much distractions.
5. Take into account the current colors of our website. the logo should be in colors that will match those and the general feeling of the website.
Here are some examples of logo that we like:
Here is an example of what we are trying to avoid:
Please feel free to experiment with colors as long as it maintains a modern touch to it and does not become too jumbled.
The files we will require are:
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB) or paint.net file (.pdn) in high resolution.
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo