The Association québécoise de pédagogie collégiale (which means something like ''Québec's Provincial Association for College Pedagogy'') or AQPC is a non-profit organization that gathers 1000+ individuals and institutions who share ideas, practices and research results to improve programs and teaching offered in colleges (higher education). AQPC has: a peer-reviewed journal, pedDays in a turnkey format, specialized books and an annual symposium. The key words of AQPC are : excellence and sharing (people who gather to share). The target audience is college teachers, professionals and administrators. More and more of these people are young (around 30-35), so we want a logo that's young, fresh, colorful. AQPC has the same old logo since its foundation, nearly 35 years ago... (It can be seen at http://www.aqpc.qc.ca or, in English, http://www.aqpc.qc.ca/en). AQPC also has an old website which we want to change completely next year (by making it interactive and as dynamic as the Association is!). What we don't want in our new logo : apple, owl, funny character, graduation hat or pencil... What we do want in our new logo : colors, the idea of gathering or sharing while being open to new ideas wherever they come from, something that says « dynamic » and « interaction », something that will attract both younger and seasoned teachers, professionals and administrators. The new logo will be used on business cards, website, letterhead, on our journal, on our symposium poster, on congress bags, and so on.( We will also need a black and white version of the logo for the bags.)
In the logo store of 99Designs, I found a couple of logos that could be interesting for various reasons :
- page 19 : « Colorful Fire » for the colors and the passion
- page 20 : « Web Creation » for the balance that makes the logo easy to use
- page 23 : « Chat Company » for the idea of sharing
- page 26 : many bear « Social » as a title. They convey the idea of gathering, but they are turned only to the inside! :-( (as if people's minds were not open to something coming from outside)
- page 36 : « Water » conveys the idea of people gathered (but I would like to see many colors, since individuals are not all the same)
- page 52 : « Social Point » also caught my attention, but I didn't note why...