Ukulele Tricks is one of the leading websites for ukulele lessons on the internet. We are known for being one of the most accessible and easy-to-follow ukulele lesson websites.
Before working on this project, please check out our current website and logo at:
We are looking for a logo to use for our website, print, and t-shirts.
We would like to find a creative way to incorporate a ukulele or the shape of a ukulele into the logo. You can see a picture of a ukulele here:
Here are a few thoughts to think about:
1. With a new logo, we'd like to maintain some continuity in our branding. All this means is that we'd like to continue to use a red color in our logo (e.g. in the vein of #cc0000--although, it doesn't have to be exactly that color). We are open to the use of additional colors in the logo too. Get creative!
2. Ukulele is a fun and playful instrument. The logo should capture the inviting and joyful aspect of ukulele (and Ukulele Tricks), but it shouldn't be corny or childlike to the point where it loses professionalism.
3. Our slogan has been "helping you become a better ukulele player." We aren't keen on including this in the logo although we wouldn't be opposed to see if this option works in the context of the logo.
4. No clip art or stock images. You're the artist. Don't show us an exact copy of the current logo, and we don't want to see small variations of other submissions.
5. This logo will primarily be used for Ukulele Tricks' website in the header but this logo should be easily transferrable to other uses like business cards and t-shirts. This means the logo should work well in black and white (e.g. white logo printed on a black t-shirt).
The most important thing for us to say is that we don't have something very specific in mind. We are relying heavily on your creativity as an artist.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - layered .psd (RGB)