I need a digital “Resource Guide” (PDF document) designed. I will use it as an e-mail subscription incentive on my blog. Whenever someone subscribes to my daily updates, I will immediately send them (via auto-responder) a link to download the guide.
You can find the content for this Resource Guide here: http://michaelhyatt.com/my-tools
All three pieces of information should be on the cover?
1. Title: Inside My Toolbox
2. Subtitle: Resources That Can Make Your Business and Personal Life Hum (These Are the Ones I Personally Use!)
3. Author: Michael Hyatt
Tagline: New York Times Bestselling Author of Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
It should look similar to a book cover, but it is actually a “special report” (see attached image). It should be a colorful, catchy design that captures the eye, just like a book cover.
It would probably best be represented as a stapled report of about 10–12 pages. The dimensions should be 8-1/2” x 11".
I want you to design both the exterior (the cover) and the interior (the actual contents). The interior should look like a magazine. The interior should contain live links to about 75–100 resources with short, one- to two-sentence descriptions and thumbnail images of each product. When the reader clicks on the image or the name of the product, they should be taken to that product. (Use the actual links in the URL above.)
Important: Before the final round, please submit your proposed cover and the first two interior pages only. Please do not submit these as 3D images but rather 2D (flat images with no dimension).
The winning designer will be expected to deliver the following four items:
1. The Resource Guide as a PDF document. It should include the designed cover, the fully designed interior, and live links for each of the resources I recommend.
2. The source files you used to create the PDF document (e.g., InDesign files).
3. Three different 3D representations of the Resource Guide as PNG files. I will use these on my blog in the right sidebar, similar to what I am doing now on my home page with the ebook, Creating Your Personal Life Plan. These images should be no more than 300 pixels high and 200 pixels wide. These images should each have a transparent background.
4. A list of the fonts you used. You should also include a URL where I can purchase or download the fonts.
* Please do NOT use my logo in the design.
* The type should be easily readable on the 3D representation of the Resource Guide.
* The 3D representation may include a drop shadow and possibly a reflection.
* I will pay for any stock photography you require in your the design. For purposes of the contest, please use free comp files.