I have included a detailed brief in the zip folder attached with this competition. However, I have copied the word doc content here in case it's easier for designer:
Detailed Guidance notes for Presentation Template Designers
1. The presentation template is for educational needs and will include:
a. Front page – title, subtitle, name of presenter, name of company, who the presentation is for, date
b. Content pages – this is where the educational content will be added
c. Thank you page – this is where I will add a message such as “Thank You” or some other final message
2. The template should look good and work well in both widescreen and standard size
3. The design should be simple, uncomplicated so that the reader is not distracted from the content, but enjoys reading the slides because the presentation is aesthetically beautiful
4. Fonts and colors.
a. It is very important that you use fonts I can easily access in Microsoft PowerPoint. The logo uses colors which are not available in Microsoft PowerPoint (as far as I know). The logo uses
i. Font: AvantGarGotltcTEE and AvantGarGotltcTEEDem
ii. Color: Dark blue #06263C; Light blue #2E98DE
iii. I have attached the logo file in all the file formats I have
b. The font and colors you use in the presentation template design must fit well / look good with the logo
5. Front Page
a. The logo should be on the front page with strong branding presence
b. I have provided an unformatted front page. Please position the title, subtitle, name of presenter, name of company, who the presentation is for, date wherever you want to, and coordinate the positioning, font etc. with the logo and design features (as one example, your design could be, e.g. thick line in two colors going from far left to far right hand side of the front slide, etc.)
6. Content pages: have two main things on each page
i. Title at the top
ii. Written narrative, which will nearly always be in bullet points using either whole sentences or sometimes being just a list with few words on each bullet only (list may be numbered or sometimes not numbered).
iii. Narrative will also sometimes be placed inside the SmartArt boxes / shapes. I gave one example slide of this. Please choose colors / design for the boxes and text within as you like.
iv. The logo should be on content slides, probably in smaller size than front page appearance. You can position where you think it looks good and doesn’t interfere with the title or content on the content slide.
v. Some content slides will include a picture image of an excel spreadsheet or the spreadsheet object itself
1. When showing me the designs you’re submitting, please also illustrate for me how the slide with the spreadsheet picture will look. This is important as many slides in my presentation will show a spreadsheet
2. For slides with spreadsheet picture content, please be very careful about how much space your design uses, so that enough space is left for the spreadsheet picture as it sometimes takes up a lot of space.
3. I have included a slide with a spreadsheet for you to see an example. The spreadsheet has no color but if you want to add color then you are welcome to if you think it shows excellence in your design, e.g. shading the box at the bottom of the spreadsheet object.
vi. You can try using borders (i.e. thin line) to separate parts of the content slides, e.g. horizontal border between slide title and content beneath, and if you think it looks ok between content and footer of the slide. But I leave borders to you. One of the problems with a lower border between the content and the footer is that it may not leave enough space for the spreadsheet for slides having spreadsheet content, so care is needed with this.
vii. Each slide must include a page number and copyright message, except the front page (see the example PowerPoint). I would also like to add the website address which is http://www.islamicfinancialmodelling.com. Please position this information where you think it will look nice.
7. Last page
a. This will usually be a “Thank You” page.
b. You can add nice images, whatever fancy designs you want etc. to this page if you want as it has no educational content on it.
8. Other comments about the brief
a. I am not that interested in using stock images other than on final page if you think it’s useful. I prefer your design itself is the imagery.
b. The example slides are unformatted. Please feel free to format all content in the example slides I have given you, e.g. the header, the bullet format, text format, spreadsheet, SmartArt etc. as the template should bring everything together in a beautiful way.
c. If you include editable text boxes where relevant in the design submission (rather than bitmap pictures of text, or text in a design language or format I don’t have) it will help me because I would be able to edit them to add other items, e.g. website URL to add to front page, if I want to in the future. So editable objects would be very helpful.