A website design and Wordpress theme is needed for 'ArbitrationPlus' an innovative new arbitration service to help people with small and medium sized legal claims settle their disputes.
Bringing business, personal injury and employment legal claims before the courts has become very expensive and high risk process, with disputants having to pay very high fees to lawyers for advice, suffering very long delays to have their case heard by a judge and often risking having to pay large sums to the other party in legal fees if they loose.
Arbitration has its roots in being a simple, quick and flexible way for business people to settle their disputes by appointing someone they trust to decide the matter for them when they can't agree on a solution between them. However, over the last few decades it has become nearly as slow, expensive and complicated a process as bringing a claim to a court. It mainly used by large corporates to solve multi million pound disputes.
Some people have turned to mediation to fill the gap, where a neutral third party assists parties arrive at a solution they can both live with, but doesn't have the power to force either party to agree meaning it can be a waste of time and money. Some also say it forces weaker parties into accepting settlements that are not in their favour because they can't afford to fight a claim in court.
ArbitrationPlus blends the best parts of arbitration and the best parts of mediation along with automating much of the case management process to address this commercial problem. It does this by using standardised contracts, an innovative and simple new set of arbitration rules and a range of other tools.
Business Themes to portray through the design/layout:
- Trust - parties need to be able to trust ArbitrationPlus to settle their dispute in a fair and just matter.
- Low risk and cost - parties need to trust that ArbitrationPlus will not expose them to greater risk or cost than they are already facing and that they retain an element of control of the process.
- Speed and finality - parties need to be assured that their dispute will be over definitively within 28 days.
- Simplicity - parties need to appreciate that the ArbitrationPlus is a simple and robust service that delivers on its promise.
The key benefits of ArbitrationPlus are:
- Speed - disputes settled within 28 days.
- Control - parties are able to make sure their point of view is heard and to have the opportunity of agreeing a settlement consensually before it is decided for them if they wish.
- Finality - parties know that within 28 days their dispute will be over and they can get on with their lives.
- Binding judgments - parties are bound by the decision of the arbitrator which are as enforceable as court orders.
- Low risk - parties are protected from paying the other party's legal costs.
- No lawyers required - parties do not need to have legal advice or be represented by a lawyer of they don't want to be.
- Low cost - because parties don't need lawyers and are protected from the legal fees of the other parties, ArbitrationPlus offers a low cost solution to dispute resolution.
- ArbitrationPlus decisions are based on 'Just and Fair' principles not necessarily legal technicalities.
- ArbitrationPlus arbitrators are all skilled and experienced lawyers.
Reduced 'disclosure' and witness requirements. This means parties have no obligation to disclose any document to the other party nor produce any witness. However if the arbitrator concludes that not doing so could have a material difference on the outcome of the case they have the discretion to draw the 'adverse inference' that the document or witness would favour the other party.
- Escrow service to give parties confidence that any settlement offered is secure and available.
- Documents only and virtual hearings options.
- Private individuals and businesses with legal, consumer, business, employment and personal injury disputes of between £500-£100,000
- Once only users such as those who have never faced legal action before.
- Small and medium sized enterprises who regularly have to face or bring legal claims as a result of going about their day to day business.
- Large corporations and insurance companies for whom legal claims are a day to day part of their business.
- Lawyers who advise clients about how best to settle their disputes.
ArbitrationPlus is a new concept and appears to be currently unique in the UK. Those wishing to settle their legal disputes would otherwise:
- Lump it and not claim.
- Bring a claim before the courts: http://www.justice.gov.uk/about/hmcts/courts or
- Use mediation: http://www.cedr.com http://www.adrgroup.co.uk
- Use arbitration: http://www.ciarb.org http://www.lcia.org http://www.iccwbo.org/products-and-services/arbitration-and-adr/